Happy 75th Anniversary, Golden Gate
This Sunday marks the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge, and to honor the iconic structure the city turned to local ad agency Goodby, Silverstein, & Partners. The agency created a series of posters that feature unusual angles of the bridge to commemorate this Sunday’s events. We’ve included some of these posters along with a full list of the festivities below.
Admission to this Sunday’s celebration is free. Activities will primarily be held at Crissy Field, Marina Green, and Fort Point; however, other locations throughout the city will feature smaller scale events. Festivities are set to start at 11am and culminate with a fireworks show from 9:30-9:50pm.
- Crissy Field Stage highlighting dance, music and local bands, 11 am–11 pm.
- Road Trip through History featuring vintage cars and motorcycles from 1937 to the present. East Crissy Field, 11 am–5 pm.
- Crissy Field Center Future Fair with activities and demonstrations showcasing sustainability technologies and innovations in the pioneering spirit of the Bridge. East Beach, 11 am–7 pm.
- Vintage Maritime Display and Historic Watercraft Parade with classic boats spanning 75 years. St. Francis Yacht Club, 11 am–3 pm.
- Marina Green Stage featuring dance and music organizations and local bands. West Marina Green, 11 am–10 pm.
- Marina Green, Crissy Field and Golden Gate Bridge Plaza retail outlets offering Official 75th Anniversary merchandise. Various waterfront locations, 10 am-8 pm.